Sunday 2 November 2014

Till Wrinkles Set Us Apart

Time, Time. It takes time to figure out true friends, it takes time to figure out your life partner. Recently there was news about a couple in China, where the bride made-up like a 70 year old and the groom just left. Yesterday, which was a couple of hours ago, in the Star News paper there was a review article about that, written by some Chinese dude, didn't really see his name. I found his opinion on that matter rather interesting.


There are two reasons (I can think of) that the groom just stormed off. One, its just damn annoying that she did that, and second, he hated the 'old' look. Its interesting how the guy in the Star Newspaper chose to highlight the latter fact, by saying that we all will grow old someday. By that, I'm assuming that he thinks, the groom left her because she looks old? Well, he's entitled to his opinion. I just liked how he gave a general message to all couples that they should love each other till wrinkles and death. Why are relationships so different now then it was before? The picture below, I hate, from the septum of my heart :


Are you stupid? I mean, don't you think we don't want to fix things nowadays? Then why the difference? In my opinion, people those days are generally less intelligent (sorry old folks, that's the kindest way I can phrase it). The population is getting smarter (in some ways, not all), or to be more specific, young couples are more exposed these days. Last time, it took marriage to be the eye opener. Now, younger couples are breaking up relationships much faster, because they either sense impending collapse, or they are genuinely useless. Many couples these days, after being together for a substantial amount of time, move in together and try out living together. That's pretty much the beginning of a marital life subtract the monetary issues. You'll see your partner without make-up, with ugly shorts and baggy t-shirts, that otherwise you wouldn't if you are staying separately. Besides the looks, you will also be around your partner ALL THE TIME. Other than the time for work or school, you'd see your partner's face all throughout. More time, does not necessarily mean more love. In just means inevitable drama. 

That picture above, which I hate so much does not prove anything. You can be together for 70 years and still not truly love each other. You could have a no-love-no-hate relationship, which to me is something utterly pointless. Why are couples these days giving up faster? Its because they are trying to find that ultimate partner, the true lover, the best they can ever look for. It may be terrible to have plenty of relationships and have plenty of break-ups, but rather then getting married for the sake of marriage and to ensure hereditary continuity (which is what those people in the era of the annoying couple in the picture above did), I'd prefer break-ups. It is extremely possible to live with someone all the way to 65 years later. But the truth will eventually surface, whether you like it or not. I don't want to be that guy that makes fun of my wife when I'm drunk, or make silly jokes behind her back. I want to be in love so much with her, that even when I'm drunk 50 years later, that'd be the same thing I'd proclaim. I don't want to be that guy while living with his wife, enjoys the service of commercial sex workers. During old-boys catch-up sessions, I don't want to be that guy that tells his other guy friends how tiring his marriage is or how much his wife nags. I don't want to be that guy who tells young men, "you need to know how to lie to girls". 

If you are going to set yourself on a journey to find someone to love till death and maybe even beyond, truthfully and not for the sake of saying you are in a relationship, you ain't gonna get it right the first time. Prepare for heartaches, and prepare plenty of tissues. There's of course that one drop in the sea of couples that gets it right the first time, but I ain't one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment