Monday 10 November 2014

Self Reflection

Ok, I just came home from my Obs & Gyne Clinical Exam (its the practical part of of my exam) and what shall I do? Blog. Yes, blog. Love blogging these days. Not going to watch a movie now cause I'm going out with the peepz that had exam with me today. See, I have a life outside my room! Hahaha. How did I screw up my exam? I did not close the curtains before examination. Way to go, Me. Anyway, four people from my group had exams today including me, and by the kindness of God and our Dear Professor, he said we all passed. Can we take his word for it? Idk. Its not Lent (7 weeks before Easter) or Advent (4 weeks before Christmas) or Ramadhan (Month before Hari Raya) that is a time of repentance. Its the exam season. All sinners turn back to God before exam. HAHAHA! Anyway, enough exam for the moment. This question is a Reddit thread, and I would like to share my answer today as well.

"What is the one kind of person that you absolutely cannot stand?"

Some of the answers that was voted up were compulsive liars, arrogant, narcissist, people that turn everything into an argument, permanent victims, naggers, attention seekers, ignorant, hypocrites, dramatic, guilt trippers, insecure, over-achievers, loud, one upper. Those are some of the answers I found interesting, there are plenty more. I shan't discuss all of them, just a few. First, before what I hate, what am I guilty of, from the list above?

Turning everything into an argument. Well, yes, I can do that. Not with everybody though. I guess if you find yourself arguing with me pointlessly, there can be three reasons as to why. One, I hate you. Two, I want to assess something about you. Third, I genuinely think what you just said, was ridiculous and I had to say something about it, that most probably will lead us into an argument. But these arguments I'm talking about aren't those scary ones. I'm referring to more of a debate-like argument. For example, if someone said, "Guys have to work, girls should chill at home". I guarantee that sentence ain't gonna end there if I was around.  The other kind of argument is when something goes wrong kind-a-thing. For example, in a relationship, I can't make it for some date with my imaginary gf, or my parents caught me not in class? (does this happen? no not really, just an example). That, I'd bounce. I am a person who will avoid those moments. I ain't going deeper on whether avoiding is good or not, this post isn't for that, don't judge.

Second thing I think I find myself guilty of sometimes, One upper. Kind of just learnt that phrase today from the best source - Urban Dictionary. It means, 

"An annoying person who responds to hearing someone else’s 
experience or problem by immediately telling a similar story about themselves 
with a much more fantastic (or terrible) outcome."

Well, I think I don't do that All the time, but sometimes, I just genuinely have a situation worse than yours okayy. Its not like I'm belittling you or your story. Shit, why am I justifying myself?? Anyway, I'd be more cautious now. This one-upper attitude's gotta go. It would be seriously annoying if I'm the other person. The examples in Urban D is pretty funny, check it out! For the answer of hypocrites, I think everyone is guilty of that. If you find yourself doing what you hate others doing, then you have yourself a hypocrite. I am so damn sure everyone of us is a hypocrite in one way or another. People that don't practice what they preach annoy me, but the hate is not that deep I guess.

So what kind of people do I hate the most? Guilt trippers. Well, mostly its my fault because I'm susceptible to this, and its because I give a damn about so many things in life that a person shouldn't give a damn about. There has been a significant number of people in my life that do this, and I can't stand it At All, however, there was nothing I can do about it. Guilt Trippers aren't really the same as emotional blackmailers. They are a of similar species but different breed. Emotional blackmail is annoying but I think guilt trippers are the worst. They literally can drain you dry into getting everything they want and making you feel like crap if you don't get them what they want. What have I learnt from life so far? Keep a small social circle, don't make weird friends and surround yourself with people that add miserability to your life. I think theres just that point in life out of high school where you realize, having plenty of friends do you no good. To win wars, its quantity over quality. For friendship, its otherwise.

Off topic, I was walking toward the hospital for my exam this afternoon and I overheard two girls, Adults, wayy elder than me. One of them was complaining to the other about how her bf is not really spending enough time with her and how emotional is she about it. An hour before that, I was on Reddit and read this post about this girl who felt guilty for walking away angrily because her boyfriend was angry. Meaning, she got angry because he got angry, get me? and the top comment for that post - "you must be in high school". 

So I was thinking to myself, well I guess people have to mature in life. But then later, I see those two adult females talking about useless similar conflicts so many years later in life. Its not about the fact that the boyfriend isn't spending time with her, its how they were bit-ching about it. Well, there was more to what they were talking about, but I shall filter it. Are my ears sharp? No, they were Indians. No comment on the volume of their speech. Well for me, I do plenty of that (not bit-ching, sharing relationship issues), and I guess my friends do that too. Thats because we are in that stage of life. Its pretty normal that we talk about the relationships we are having. But I kinda have the hope that those problems cease as we get older, but do they? So ask yourself two questions today. What kind of person do you hate the most, and are you guilty of doing that? Second, have you matured in life, compared to your previous self?


No comments:

Post a Comment