Monday 2 November 2015

Our Times

It's been awhile since I blogged here. Mostly its because I haven't been watching any epic movies, and I've literally stopped exploring mind-boggling movies. Wanna know what I've been watching lately? Greys Anatomy. Any free time I have, its just an episode or two of Greys. So I have nothing much to blog about. I read a book though - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, but I totally forgot to blog about it, mostly because I mentioned a few things on Dayre on the day I finished reading it, and then I felt satisfied about how much I talked about it HAHA. Anyway, yesterday I watched this new Taiwanese love story. I kinda only got to know about it a week or so before the movie was released, but apparently many others were waiting for the movie for quite some time already. Plus the theme song for the movie was released for quite some time (of which I'm super hooked to).




The plot isn't really all that complex, although its not entirely a cliche. Usually its a triangle, but this one is a square? So there's Lin (the nobody girl), MinMin (the popular girl), TaiYu (the gangster guy), and OuYang (the popular guy). The popular guy and girl get together (?kinda). Obviously Lin adores OuYang - like all other girls in the school, and the gangster likes MinMin. So the gangster teams up with Lin in order to break up the popular couple so that they have a chance to be with whoever they like, respectively. However (as we all can see it from a hundred miles away), the romance between the gangster and Lin develops unexpectedly (the characters wasn't expecting I mean). 

Due to some accident-causing-curse-chain-letter, gangsterism and a stroke of bad luck, the gangster develops a ?clot in his brain. He had to go for his brain surgery in US, and of course he hid that fact from Lin. The surgical problem coupled with the fact that he thought the person Lin truly likes is OuYang led him to do what all dumb guys at that age do - The noble break up. Then he disappeared - only to return years later, while fulfilling his promise to her about the Andy Lau concert. 

 Before I give my honest opinion of the movie, I shall give a few awards HAHAHA. 

Shooting star scene

So basically, the scene above was the Best Scene for me. It was really sweet, and they both look really happy being by each others side.

 
The Noble BreakUp

The scene above is the scene with the Best Acting from Lin. He smiling-yet-crying face was epic, and she pulled it off really well - until she had that epic fall and stopped him from running after her. That part I just wanted to burst out laughing.


The orange sweater girl

So the girl in the orange sweater, I can't find her online, and I have no idea who she is. The cast list is not complete on websites, but she is the Prettiest Girl in the movie, for me. Why isn't she the main actress? HAHAHA 

Honestly, I really enjoyed the movie. It was sweet, and some parts were funny - and of course my date for the movie contributed most of the enjoyment. However, as usual, I am able to pick up the most negative parts in the sweetest bowl of sugar. The ending of course. It just suggests that people cannot move on, and that really sucks so bad. Its like she is living her life paralyzed by her previous love, and it obviously affected her current relationship badly. She chucked the current guy effortlessly I think HAHA. But I think people move on. People can move on. We have to, and I'd like to believe its possible. Because in real life no one comes back to you many years later in a concert-dream-fulfilling manner. Even by the time they do, the damage has been done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment