Wednesday 27 May 2015

IRIS

Iris main cast

I just finished watching Iris. Well, I don't really know where to start haha. I will make this short! I really loved this drama :) The action scenes were exciting, there was suspense, adequate plot-twists  and the love story wasn't annoying. In fact, it was really appealing. There wasn't a point where the love story overtook the main plot, and that's exactly what I prefer. 

Basically, this drama is about the National Security Service, where Kim Hyun-Jun (Lee Byung-Hun) and his best friend are recruited into. They were profiled by Choi Seung-Hee (Kim Tae-Hee), and fished into NSS. The love triangle occurs there, but Hyun-Jun gets the girl. One day, Hyun-Jun is given a mission to kill the leader of North Korea. That's when all hell breaks loose. In the mission (which was successful), Hyun-Jun gets injured, and in order to eliminate the risks of exposure, NSS director - Baek-San, orders Hyun-Jun's best friend to kill him. Hyun-Jun feeling betrayed, swears revenge upon NSS and his country. On top of that, due to certain circumstances, he was led into thinking that his girl was dead. 

He then joins forces with North Korea to destroy his own country. He will then be declared a terrorist for some time. After a massive turn of events and as the story unfolds, Hyun-Jun becomes the hero of the day, and we learn about the existence of an organization bigger than one could imagine, named IRIS. Their sole purpose is to prevent the unification of North and South Korea. It seems that their influence penetrates deep into the governmental system, and their resources are unlimited. Until the end, the true identity of IRIS is not shown, and that calls for IRIS 2, which I will definitely be watching. 

Hyun-Jun, together with a little help from Seon-Hwa (North rep) and what was left of NSS, managed to stop the nuclear warfare and the hostage situation. It was weird that they could rest after that, knowing how huge the IRIS organization is. Seeing how they easily eliminate anyone that came along their way, it wouldn't be logical that Hyun-Jun would be allowed to live. Thank God, at the end, they lived up to my expectation :)

Lee Byung-Hun in A Bittersweet Life.

One of the reasons I started watching this drama was because of Lee Byung-Hun. He looks wayyy younger in A Bittersweet Life. That was the first movie which I watched with him in it. I watched a few of his movies, and I really think he is talented, especially in movies that require him to show off his strength, muscles and fighting skills. On top of that, he is really good with the emotional parts as well. Recently I learnt that he was going to play T-1000 in the upcoming Terminator Genisys. After watching the trailer for that, he has officially entered into my list of favorite actors. I hope he pulls of that role well too.

Overall, I really enjoyed this drama, and if you haven't watched it yet, please do so! Review of IRIS 2 will be coming soon, once I'm done watching it. Currently, I'm also watching two other ongoing dramas - Who Are You : School 2015 & Orange Marmalade. Six more episodes for School 2015, and a long way more for Orange Marmalade! See ya! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment